Upon enrolling in a course with any school, a student is entering a legal agreement under common law, in which they agree to abide by the conditions of enrolment (including meeting stated payments), in exchange for the service offered by the institution in the delivery of the course.
ACS Distance Education operates a refund policy which is fair and equitable.
- Notification of withdrawal from a course must be received in writing within 14 days, in order to qualify for a full refund (less postage, handling and administration costs - minimum £50 per module, more for overseas students).
- Course Duration: Short Courses (ie: 60 to 120 hrs duration) should be completed within 12 months of enrolment. Certificates, Advanced Certificates and Diplomas (ie. Over 500 hours duration), should normally be completed within 3-5 years of enrolment.
- Additional fees may apply if a student requires an extended period to complete their course.
- Deferments and Extensions: If there is a valid reason, you may apply to the office manager in writing for a deferment or extension. If you have demonstrated some commitment to study we grant 6-12 month extensions without question. If you demonstrate exceptional circumstances, we will normally grant 6 to 12 month deferments, as necessary. Recommencement fees may apply.
- Disclaimer: Every attempt is made to ensure all information from the school is accurate and that the student has attained the competencies taught in a course, at the point of their assessment. Beyond this point, the graduate is responsible to maintain their acquired competencies, and apply acquired knowledge and skills in a way which is appropriate to the unique characteristics of each application. This will release the school from any liability, action and claims of whatsoever nature in connection with, or arising from any such information, instruction or advice, given by any student or ex-student, whether directions given during the course are followed or not.
- Courses, course notes and materials are not to be sold, loaned, copied, or used in any way outside of the pursuit of studying the course by the person who is enrolled in the course; unless permission is sought and granted in writing by the principal.
- ACS newsletters are used to communicate important developments to ACS students. Therefore it is a condition of enrolment that students are added to the newsletter mailing list.
To gain an official Statement of Attainment or to be awarded a qualification (i.e. Certificate, Diploma etc) successful completion of the exams is required. Exams are to be sat and paid for on completion of each module.
Payment Plan Options Explained...
Short Courses (S1, S2, S3, S4)
You may pay in 2 parts: the first part when you enrol, the second part 60 days later.
Option 1: Pay each stage as you commence it.
Option 2: Each stage can be paid in 2 parts. 1st payment on commencement of stage 1 & 2nd payment 60 days later, 3rd payment on commencement of stage 2 & 4th payment 60 days later
Other Qualifications (AC, PA, DI, AD)
Split fees into stages as per the fee schedule.
Each stage is to be paid when you commence that part of the course. The payable fee for each stage may increase, depending on how long you take to move onto the next stage.
Additional fees apply for Exams, Workshops, Research Projects and Recognition of Prior Learning submissions. Please see the Fees page on our website for details.
To Pass Any Module, you must satisfactorily complete all assignments and also pass an exam for that module. (Note: In a few instances, such as RHS courses and some of our stand alone 30 lesson certificates; the number of exams or requirements for passing may be a little different).